Home School Agreement
At West Kirby Primary School our aim is to create a happy, caring community where all members are included, secure and confident, have an equal opportunity to fulfil their potential and to develop the skills necessary to make a valuable contribution to society, both now and in the future.
West Kirby Primary School Agreement - WKPS will do its best to...
- Support your child’s wellbeing and safety by providing a safe, supportive and caring environment
- Teach and encourage your child to always do their best and achieve their full potential
- Monitor and communicate with parents and carers regularly on your child’s progress
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum that caters for all children.
- Promote high standards of behaviour so we can maintain a safe environment for all children
- Offer your child opportunities to develop a sense of responsibility, form healthy social relationships and build their self-esteem
- Be welcoming and offer opportunities for parents and carers to get involved in school life
- Communicate between home and school through newsletters, email, the school website and Twitter.
- Be approachable, treat all parents equally and aim to respond to communications from parents in a timely manner, following school policies
- Encourage good attendance and address any concerns with parents or carers where necessary
- Commit to continuous development and school improvement.
Parent/Carer’s Agreement - I/We will do my/our best to...
- Make sure my child attends school regularly and on time. I will notify the school if my child will be absent
- Only request leave of absence in term time for exceptional circumstances
- Make sure my child is dressed in the correct uniform and wears their PE kit to school when necessary
- Support the school to make sure my child maintains a consistently high standard of behaviour
- Encourage my child to try their best so that they can reach their full potential
- Communicate to the school any concerns that I have about my child that may affect their behaviour in school or ability to learn
- Make sure communication with the school is respectful, and that I make every reasonable effort to address my communications to the appropriate member of staff
- Understand that I should communicate with staff during core school hours. Staff may occasionally respond outside of these hours, but it cannot be expected.
- Make sure that my child completes any Home Learning on time, and raise any issues that my child has with their teachers
- Read and follow the school’s policies
- Treat all members of the school community with care and respect at all times
- Engage in Parent Evenings, Parent Information Sessions and Parent Workshops to work together with the school in order to achieve the best outcomes for my child
- Read all communications sent home by the school and respond where necessary
- Sign up to Marvellous Me to support my child’s learning
- Work in partnership with school
Pupil Agreement - Pupil - I will do my best to…
- Follow our school values (Welcoming, Kind, Polite and Successful)
- Be friendly and caring towards other children and adults
- Arrive at school on time (8:40am) and ready to learn
- Try my best to do my work and ask for help if I need it
- Wear the correct school uniform and wear my PE kit to school when I need it
- Bring all the equipment I need each day – water bottle. Book bag, reading books
- Return any books that I borrow from the library
- Listen to instructions from the adults at school and follow the school rules
- Complete any Home Learning set – e.g. reading, spelling, mathletics
- Take good care of the school equipment, school environment and living things.