Parental Controls - Apple Guided Access
Parental Controls - Android
Parental Controls - iPhone
For Parents (6-9 year olds) - SMART Videos
Childnet have produced a series of six short videos based on the SMART rules which parents can use to discuss a range of online safety issues with their children. You can view all of the videos HERE.
For Parents and School (early years) - Goldilocks Book
Goldilocks is quite an old book but I find that not many are aware of it. It's a twist on the original fairy tale with a social media slant to help educate children about the potential consequences of being unking, getting carried away with selfies and oversharing images.
You can download a PDF version of the book and an activity sheet HERE. Great to use in the classroom or send the link to parents.
Support for parents and carers
- Thinkuknow: helping adults protect children from online harm
- Parent Info: help and advice for families in a digital world
- Internet Matters: helping parents keep their children safe online
- NSPCC: online safety
- London grid for learning (LGfL): online safety
- UK safer internet centre: Tips, advice, guides and resources to help keep your child safe online
- Childnet international: parents and carers toolkit
- Parentzone: experts in digital family life
- LGfL: parents - scare or prepare
- Thinkuknow: what to do if there’s a viral scare online